A glimpse into the life of a Mormon missionary (Elder Creer) as he serves a two year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He began serving in the Utah Salt Lake City Mission- Spanish speaking. On July 1, 2012, he was transferred to a new mission- the Utah Salt Lake City West Mission.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

I am truly grateful for the opportunity to be a missionary...



Hola Familia!
 So we were with President this morning setting up things for a mission meeting tomorrow.  It is crazy how hard Satan will work when he knows what is in store at the other end.  Everyone here knows how important this new mission is because of everything that the General Authorities have said and keep saying. It's sad to see how the adversary carefully leads people away.

Personally I know how much the mission has changed me into the person that I am right now and also at the same time how  many other lives I have been able to impact as I have tried my best to be an instrument in the Lord's hands and I know that the happiness that comes from this work is unlike anything else.   I am truly grateful for the opportunity to be a missionary and servant of the Lord.  There is nothing else that I would rather be doing at this time.  That is pretty much the best part of this Thanksgiving is taking a step back and realizing how fast the time comes and goes on the mission and taking a minute to really be grateful for the opportunity to be able to do this.  

I sometimes think "How will I remember my last day as a missionary?"  You never know when your last day as a missionary could be, anything could happen. That is why I am trying my best do work each day like it was my last so that I can continue to be able to serve with no regrets!!  I think that there are a lot of things in my life and probably in all of yours that we don’t appreciate.   So this is the perfect time of year to just relax and take a step back and really be grateful for all the blessings that we really have because we never know how long the Lord will allow us to have those blessings. It is crazy that I only have 7 months left!! Where in the world did the time go!?  

I get physically tired because all of the extra work we are doing but somehow I still have all the energy I need.  It's crazy because I literally have never been this exhausted  in my life but I know that no matter how little sleep I get or what-- that the Lord is going to give me all the energy I need to do His work, just like Nephi (1 Nephi 3:7).
We have someone that will be getting baptized this coming Saturday which is exciting! And we have a girl  that will be getting baptized December 8th!  We have several other people that we have been working with that were less active and are now getting their temple recommends which is super cool because it is crazy to see the change that has happened in just a few months.


I don’t know  if I will be able to play in the Turkey Bowl this year :/..I hyper-extended my knee up in Rose Park forever ago pretty bad and never went to the doctor and one of the cords on the back of my knee popped like 4 weeks ago so it hurts every time I play and it is still a little swollen, not much.  But I just kept playing on it and it isn't getting any better.  Sister Swain said to rest and if it still hurts I will go to PT next week. Also I tried those shoulder tests I used to do and I can't hold my arm up very good :'(.  So if I end up going maybe they can look at my shoulder too. Injuries suck. But other than that all is going good here. 

Something that I think I have learned on my mission is how to fully follow the Spirit's guidance. President Swain told us that if we have the Holy Ghost with us then we really don't need rules because like the scriptures promise it will show unto us all things that we should do.  I have really seen that coming into play the longer I have been on my mission, its legit! 

I hope you all have a good Thanksgiving and score lots of touchdowns in the Turkey Bowl for me :)
Siempre Crean,
Elder Creer

No comments:

Post a Comment