A glimpse into the life of a Mormon missionary (Elder Creer) as he serves a two year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He began serving in the Utah Salt Lake City Mission- Spanish speaking. On July 1, 2012, he was transferred to a new mission- the Utah Salt Lake City West Mission.

Monday, October 24, 2011

All of us can do hard things if we have the desire...


Hola Familia!
This week was kind of rough and good at the same time. We are no longer able to teach some people that had been progressing so much and then used their agency to choose otherwise. The hardest thing for me was that two of our investigators that are young, didn't come to church this week. They had been making a lot of progress and it was sad to see them not come to church. I feel like the reason why they aren't making it a priority to come to church is because they don't really understand the importance of it and they need to put more trust in the Lord. I remember when I was that age I didn't always know why I was doing some of the things I was doing regarding church things but I knew that it was what God wanted me to do and through experiences I learned to put my trust in Him. I have invited them to read my farewell talk that I printed off for them and hopefully they will learn and come next week, that's what I am hoping for! I think when we don't want to do some things, whether it be going to church, fasting, reading scriptures or going to seminary it is because we don't understand the importance and we lack the faith that we need.

We had a really cool baptism this week. We met the lady last week from her nephew. She can't move her legs, lives by herself and has been in the same bed for a year and a half. She told her nephew that she thought she was going to die soon and she told him to call the missionaries because she knew she needed to be baptized. She had been taught by the missionaries in the past but was never baptized and she said she always knew she needed too. When we got to her she knew everything and had a strong testimony. It was an interesting baptism. Because she can't move her legs he had 4 guys in the baptismal font so we could help her get back up after she went under the water. At first I wasn't in a suit, but at the last minute Elder Romero told me to hurry and get a suit on just in case there were any problems. It was awesome to see her desire to be baptized even though it was really hard for her. For her that was a hard thing.

All of us can do hard things if we have the desire..Jessie that was what I was talking to you about a little bit ago, Creers do hard things!

My Spanish is improving a little bit more..I can understand better than I can talk now; which is the opposite of when I came out into the field. It has continued to be a struggle but I can continue to see the hand of the Lord in my life.

So I made those chocolate chocolate chip cookies for the Sunday School class, and one of the little kids ate one and asked if I made them, and when I said “yes”, he asked me if I was a girl, hahaha.
Anyways hope you all have a good week! Love ya!

Siempre Crea,
Elder Creer
Sister McPherson
Our Branch President

No comments:

Post a Comment