A glimpse into the life of a Mormon missionary (Elder Creer) as he serves a two year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He began serving in the Utah Salt Lake City Mission- Spanish speaking. On July 1, 2012, he was transferred to a new mission- the Utah Salt Lake City West Mission.

Friday, October 14, 2011

With His help nothing is impossible.

Hola Familia!
This week was transfers! The first transfer went by way fast. I am staying with Elder Romero for another transfer living with Brother Wilson, but I already knew that so it wasn't a surprise. Elder Yancey is still my District Leader, we are going to serve together one day in Nevada or Wyoming even though he is English speaking. Elder Yancey got a new companion and is training. His new companions name is Elder Teriipaia. Guess where he is from?! Laie, Hawaii. Guess what else?  He totally knew who I was, haha. He went to Kahuku High school last year and says he remembers me, I don’t know if that is that is because I went to Kahuku Grill a lot or what?  He says he worked in the restaurant right next to me at the PCC  and that I played ball with his older brother a lot. That was cool to meet him.
I'm excited we are playing basket ball from now on during p-days. I just got a new ball at the store this morning because nobody has one; they all have soccer balls, haha. 
My zone leaders told me in the beginning that if I was exactly obedient and did what I was supposed to then I would be blessed by people paying for things for me. It happened again this week! It's pretty sweet.
This week was another hard one- seems to be the theme lately. We had 4 baptisms scheduled the past two weeks and all four of them fell through. Four of our investigators moved. Some told us they aren't interested and others just disappeared. It's hard because I feel like we are trying our best with what we have to work with and we aren't seeing the results that I would like. It's been kinda frustrating too because it's really hard to get members to come with us to lessons to help fellowship the people we are teaching and it's been really hard to get members to feed us dinner. We went three weeks straight without dinners! The Spanish is frustrating too. I feel like I am a way better teacher in English and can be more of myself. I feel like I can't express all the things that I want. It's been hard. My Spanish is improving though so I can definitely see the hand of the Lord helping me. We don't really have a whole lot of new investigators right now. Our recent converts are all doing really well and coming to church and everything.
A big problem here with the recent coverts is that they go inactive really fast after baptism so we are trying to help fix that problem. We are trying to build the Young Men’s and Young Women’s programs right now too. We have 4 investigators that are kinda interested but it is hard to keep them at church past Sacrament Meeting because we don't have a strong program for the kids. Any Suggestions??
Well as things continue to be tough, the more I need to trust in the Lord. Without His help nothing is possible and we cannot accomplish the goals that we have. I think that applies to life in general and not just the mission. We are all going to have hard times and during those hard times is when we need to trust in the Lord and with His help nothing is impossible.
Love ya!

Siempre Crea,
Elder Creer

No comments:

Post a Comment