A glimpse into the life of a Mormon missionary (Elder Creer) as he serves a two year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He began serving in the Utah Salt Lake City Mission- Spanish speaking. On July 1, 2012, he was transferred to a new mission- the Utah Salt Lake City West Mission.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

I need to watch and learn everything I can...

Hola Familia! So this week was another tough week. I have been praying as hard as possible for charity and patience like it tells us to do in Moroni. It is working out pretty good. I am going to keep trying to do one act of service everyday and writing down one blessing that I see each day too, that seems to help. So on Friday President Swain came to our house at like nine am and told us to get our stuff and to come with him because we were going to go on exchanges with the AP’s. So we got our stuff and headed to the church where our mission office is. I got to study for like 10 seconds and then President Swain called me into his office haha. We said a prayer and he just looked at me. I was trying to think if I had done anything wrong and couldn’t come up with anything haha and then he said, “Elder Creer, The Lord wants you to be an Assistant.” So then he told me that I was taking over as AP for Elder Tui starting tomorrow at transfers. When he told me that, I could really feel that this calling was coming from the Lord and not just him so it was a pretty special experience. So the rest of the day I spent with Elder McNees who is my new companion in the office learning how to do everything I need to do once I become the new assistant. So yesterday I went with Elder McNees on exchanges again and we went to a meeting with President Swain to discuss what we were going to do for transfers and we moved some names around until the Spirit confirmed that what he had on the board is what He wanted. We also got to plan the meeting that we will be having with the Zone Leaders on Wednesday. It is like overload right now but seems like it’s going to be a lot of fun. I am going to be serving with Elder McNees until basically Halloween and then I will get my new companion. President said that I need to watch and learn everything I can from Elder McNees during this time so that I feel comfortable as a leader in the mission. Sounds like it is going to be kind of hard but I can do it with the Lord’s help. Well there’s the update for the week. I will hopefully have more details and time to write next week. Hope all is well and continue to put your trust in God and serve as Christ would! Love Ya! Siempre Crean, Elder Creer

No comments:

Post a Comment