A glimpse into the life of a Mormon missionary (Elder Creer) as he serves a two year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He began serving in the Utah Salt Lake City Mission- Spanish speaking. On July 1, 2012, he was transferred to a new mission- the Utah Salt Lake City West Mission.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A big family and they were all super happy...

Hola Familia!
This week went by super fast!
We also had training by the Mission President from "The District 2" videos. He is now the trainer for all the Mission Presidents and we had a meeting with him and President Swain this week and it was really cool. He talked a lot about the Atonement and how as we are focusing on that when we are teaching people and inviting the less active ones to come back to church that it would really help us have more success. I guess that makes sense because it is the most important event ever to take place. We have seen a lot of people come back to church in the last week as we help them see the importance of the Atonement so it has been really cool to see.
So being an AP is really. really. busy. haha but it is great. We had two amazing miracles this week. At the beginning of this week it wasn't looking like we were going to have any baptisms this week because one of our investigators was hesitant. So we went back for kind of our last attempt and we read with her Alma 20 and then we had her read the poem "Footprints" and she felt the Spirit super strong when she read the poem and said that was exactly how she was feeling so we invited her to pray and to ask God if He would carry her if she got baptized and if she needed to do so this Saturday. We came back the next day and she said she got the strongest feeling that she needed to get baptized- so she did!! A cool thing about the poem is that about 2 months ago I found that poem in our old house and so I wrote it down in my journal and never used it until that lesson this week so it was crazy to see how I was prompted by the Spirit 2 months ago so that I could have that in my journal in the time of need and it happened to be exactly what she needed at the time. Cool how the Lord works.
Also we had another baptism this week. I met her with Elder Tui on our exchanges we had awhile ago and then we went to dinner at her house and this was when I was still comps with Elder Homer. So her story is that she grew up in Cali and her mom served a mission but her dad was part of another church and so she never got baptized but was in and out of the church her whole life. She was planning on getting baptized at the end of this month but they were having a family reunion this week and her mom was in town... Most of all her family are members and they were all here this week but none of them knew that she was getting baptized. When we were having a lesson with her this week, she said she wished she could get baptized sooner so her mom could see her. So we asked her if she wanted to move it to Saturday and she agreed happily. So we had a HUGE baptismal service with a big family and they were all super happy and the Spirit was really strong.
 I don't have any more time but I hope that all is going well.
Siempre Crean,
 Elder Creer  

Footprints in the Sand 

 One night a man had a dream. 
He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD. 
Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. 
For each scene he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: 
one belonging to him, and the other to the LORD. 
When the last scene of his life flashed before him, 
he looked back at the footprints in the sand. 
He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. 
He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life. 
This really bothered him and he questioned the LORD about it: 
"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. 
But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, 
there is only one set of footprints. 
I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me." 
The LORD replied: 
"My son, my precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. 
During your times of trial and suffering, 
when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you." 

 written by Carolyn Joyce Carty

No comments:

Post a Comment