A glimpse into the life of a Mormon missionary (Elder Creer) as he serves a two year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He began serving in the Utah Salt Lake City Mission- Spanish speaking. On July 1, 2012, he was transferred to a new mission- the Utah Salt Lake City West Mission.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

He did a great job- short sweet and simple...



Hola Familia!
Things are going good here.  We got our car on Wednesday; it is a 2009   Mazda 3.  Definitely not the biggest car I have driven but it handles well and is fast.  My companion isn't a big fan of driving so I am the one has been driving it, I think he likes the phone too much lol. I was wondering if you could see if you could find a CD for me...like a Polynesian reggae type thing that just talks about church or Christ.  
So we were able to have another baptism this week.  He has been taught for a long time now and he finally got baptized this week.  It was cool because his family isn’t members but they all came to his baptism and the Spirit was so strong.  We invited him to share his testimony in front of everyone after he was baptized and he did a great job, short sweet and simple.  
So being an AP is way more work than anything else I have done.  We are super busy and I am dead every single night.   I don't know how my Spanish is going to be either because we have meetings in place of language study and I don’t really get to practice much, but we keep getting referrals from the Spanish sisters so now we are teaching a few Spanish speaking people which is nice.  
 Something cool and different about my new area is that every Monday night we go FHE (Family Home Evening) hopping.   We pretty much get to go to like five different FHE's throughout the night and ask for referrals and play the games with them, it's pretty fun.
So that is the short update for the day, sorry it is so short I will try better next week haha :)

Siempre Crean,
Elder Creer


No comments:

Post a Comment