A glimpse into the life of a Mormon missionary (Elder Creer) as he serves a two year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He began serving in the Utah Salt Lake City Mission- Spanish speaking. On July 1, 2012, he was transferred to a new mission- the Utah Salt Lake City West Mission.

Friday, September 28, 2012

So I added the "Turkey Bowl" to the calendar...



Hola Familia!
Sooo Mom I finally got your letter in the mail today...I needed some stamps and couldn't find the ones that I had until today so I sent it in the mail, I am super grateful for the package and the letter haha...My first thought was "no she didn't get into my house" haha...But the message really helped so thanks.  
Once again I don't have a ton of time to email because transfers are tomorrow and we are meeting with President here in half an hour to finalize some things and then later tonight we will finish everything between 6-11 at night so it will be an adventure.  So there is this thing called a pre transfer checklist that a couple of the AP's made in the other mission a long time ago and we use it just to make sure we have done everything before transfers...at the end it used to say "God loves you so much!" in big bold letters.  However, we changed it to say  "Now that you are all done you can go ahead and eat the Dominoe's pizza you ordered 2 hours ago" because that is what happened last time haha...I am going to leave specks of my personality everywhere...For example Elder Brickey is now the choir director for our mission, by the way- we have a mission choir now and we had a devotional this past Sunday and I picked out the videos for the fireside. We put it on for one of the stakes of the mission and we sang songs and watched those videos and there were some recent converts and less active's that have recently come back shared their testimonies so it was legit. You should watch the movies I put on. They are on mormonchannel.com..The first one was ("The Good Samaritan" the second one was "Rescued By Christ" and the third one was "Lifting Burdens") you should watch them, they're money!  Anyways Elder Brickey is directing the choir since he has been doing music stuff all his life and remember how I told you I started matching my pen with my tie in the old mish? Well now elder Brickey is doing it and it was spreading in our mission- so thank me later for that one once it hits Bry’s mish too haha :)...
So we heard all about the BYU and UTAH game all week haha and then we heard all about it on church on Sunday. Everyone asks me who is my team because they know I like sports, that is a very dangerous question around here haha..I have made the decision that Oregon is my team because I don't like WSU or UW and I have always liked Oregon but now it is going to have to be the official fave, haha.  So I was wondering if Bry could pick me out a super legit Oregon Football shirt so I can represent, safely haha.
We have been super busy with transfers all week trying to get everything ready for tomorrow. We have 17 missionaries coming in this transfer so that is making it kind of busy.  We had to create 7 new areas which means finding houses phones and what not so it has been great haha.  
 Speaking of football, we were planning for November the other day and we had everything all on the board and then President left real quick and I noticed that something very important was missing from the plans for November on the calendar.  So I added the "Turkey Bowl" to the calendar and then sat back in my chair.  When President came back into the room he reviewed the calendar and said “Now wait a second, what is a Turkey Bowl?” hahaha. So I had to explain it to him and he thinks someone will get hurt but I assured him it would be alright haha :)..

We have been trying to focus on finding people to teach right now.  We are getting to teach a lot of returning members but we are trying to find friends that they have so that when they are coming back they can bring those friends with them too.  We have 2 baptisms coming up.  The next one is in 2 weeks for a lady.  Her boyfriend is one of the members that was less active for a time and now is starting to come back and they are both doing great.  She had never ever been to a LDS church before two weeks ago and then she came two weeks ago and said that she felt something different during Sacrament Meeting that she had never ever felt before in any of the other Christian churches she had been to.  We helped her recognize the Spirit and we taught her the Restoration to help her understand why this was the only church that had that special feeling, and the reason why it's the only one is because it is true.  The Spirit is going to testify of truth and that is exactly what happened in her case here so it was pretty cool to see how she could tell the difference of the church the first time that she went. Then the next week which was this past week she said that she came to church with a couple doubts still about getting baptized but she said when she came to church during Sacrament Meeting she felt the Spirit super strong again and all of her doubts are gone now. It just goes to show ya how important and powerful Sacrament Meeting can be.  For her, one Sacrament Meeting changed her life because in two weeks when she gets baptized she will unlock the power of the Atonement in her life.  If she wouldn't have felt the Spirit during that first Sacrament Meeting she went to she might not have ever committed herself to get baptized and receive all the blessings that are going to come from that.  
It made me start to think about how many Sacrament Meetings I have had in my life and in how many of those did I actually feel the cleansing power of the Atonement and the Spirit and how many times was I just going through the motions.  Every Sunday when we go to Sacrament Meeting we need to prepare ourselves so that we can have a spiritual experience and feel the power of the Atonement in our lives.  So that is my invitation for you this week, is to really prepare yourselves for the Sacrament so that you can have the same type of experience that this awesome lady had.

Well I gotta go cuz President is here but hope you have a good week. Love ya!

Siempre Crean,
Elder Creer

No comments:

Post a Comment