A glimpse into the life of a Mormon missionary (Elder Creer) as he serves a two year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He began serving in the Utah Salt Lake City Mission- Spanish speaking. On July 1, 2012, he was transferred to a new mission- the Utah Salt Lake City West Mission.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

"...not knowing beforehand the things which I should do..."



Hola Famila!

So here are the details on the leg. It is still swollen a little bit and I can't play ball yet.  I only have PT once a week.  I have a doctor’s appt Wednesday with Doctor Cooley so we will see what happens with that.  I don't know how much longer I will be out from ball but I haven't played since mid November! It sucks! I can kinda shoot around on it but it's kinda on one leg so I bet that it isn't too good to do. I haven't had much time to do rehab other ways because of how busy we are, I don't think you understand haha.  We get up and then most days we have to go to the office first thing so we can do our things before the Brickeys get there and then after that we have lessons and other things to do all day and then we get home and plan and then it's bedtime so it's getting super tiring. Transfers are tomorrow so we worked on them last night and have been doing them all morning and then tonight from like 6 till midnight we will be in the office again getting everything ready for tomorrow.  I am still going to be an AP so I will be in this area for another 6 weeks which will make it 9 months in total. I think it will be kind of weird to leave this area since I have been here so long.  I hope my Spanish isn't terrible either because I haven't got much practice at all.
Things are going pretty good here.  My comp is super funny.  We are 100% completely different though.    We are super different in a lot of ways but we are getting along good so that's been nice.
Our mission President called us this past week and said that Elder Vanegas would be serving temporarily with another Elder in his area because his companion got his visa and that I would be staying in YSA so I would need to find companions to go with.  So this past Friday Roger came with me and we had a Temple Square lesson.  We watched the God's Plan video and I can't remember what all I have told you about it but pretty much what happens is there are 6 different rooms that you go into and in each room there is a little video segment about a family and it talks about how the family is going through life and then one of the family members dies and then they are comforted because of the plan of salvation knowing they can all live with them again someday because of the special blessings of temples. But the Spirit was super strong. We had a less active that we were teaching and he hasn't been to church in a few years.  He grew up in the church and everything and even went to seminary but he said he never really had a testimony of his own and that he just always went because his mom made him go.  The Spirit was so strong and said he was feeling weaker and weaker so it was kind of like the Spirit was overtaking him. He had an amazing experience and so did Roger and I. 
 I had another unique experience this week.   It is like what Nephi said, "And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do." I think that is probably the biggest lesson I have learned thus far on my mission is the blessing of having the companionship of the Holy Ghost with me at all times. When I look back on my mission it is just crazy to think of the things that would have happened if I wasn't being obedient. All of the miracles that I have seen would have been absent.  When we are 100% obedient and are striving to follow the Savior then that allows us to be worthy of the Spirit. Some people might think that since it's only small things they aren't keeping they can still have the Spirit but it doesn't work like that. The second that we THINK of something that is against God's will or commandments then the Spirit immediately starts to withdraw.  Having the gift of the Spirit is a blessing not a right- so I’m glad and blessed to have the knowledge of how to keep that blessing with me because I know that it will only help me out for the rest of my life!

Hope all is going well there!
Siempre Crean,

Elder Creer


No comments:

Post a Comment