A glimpse into the life of a Mormon missionary (Elder Creer) as he serves a two year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He began serving in the Utah Salt Lake City Mission- Spanish speaking. On July 1, 2012, he was transferred to a new mission- the Utah Salt Lake City West Mission.

Monday, March 25, 2013

I was going to stay as long as possible...



Hola Familia!
This past week was definitely a rough one. But something that I have learned since I have been out here is that no matter what happens we will never suffer more than Christ. Like it says in D&C 122:8...are we greater than Christ? The answer for me and for everyone else is - no! No matter what happens to us and no matter what people say about us, do to us or anything else we need to follow Christ's example and suffer it like it talks about in 1 Nephi 19:9.  It is definitely hard, but Creers do hard things right? 
We are still helping our investigator prepare to get baptized and she is doing great. She is already a better missionary that 75% of her ward. We had ward visits this past week and she isn't a member but wanted to come.  She was at the door with some of the members and then she decided she would do her best and tell him what she knew. So someone who has only believed in God for the past two weeks bore her testimony and now we have a new investigator. Hats off to her for sure!  A lot of the members were surprised but she was not at all. She understands the Spirit and what that meant when she felt it so it was easy for her to help someone else feel that same exact thing and now because she was willing to show her faith and just open her mouth she was able to be a great missionary. Kind of exciting to see your investigator doing stuff like that huh! 
All in all the work is going good.  To answer your question my release date is July 2nd. It got pushed back because of the mission changes and President asked if I wanted to leave at the end of May instead but I told him I was going to stay as long as possible so that is why I am going home in July :)...
Hope all is going well there!!

Siempre crean,
Elder Creer


1 comment:

  1. Hi Elder I'm so excited this is my first time that i find someone who is in my mission I will be there July 3rd 2013 actually first MTC. I've been to server Spanish speaking. I'm learning English.

    ReplyDelete