A glimpse into the life of a Mormon missionary (Elder Creer) as he serves a two year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He began serving in the Utah Salt Lake City Mission- Spanish speaking. On July 1, 2012, he was transferred to a new mission- the Utah Salt Lake City West Mission.

Thursday, April 4, 2013

If Christ is our rock then no matter what happens everything will turn out fine!



Hola Familia!
So this past week was pretty good. We had a baptism on Saturday and she had a great experience. Afterwards she got up and bore a really good testimony about how she was led here from New York so that she could find the truth and about how the Spirit is really what makes us happy. Her confirmation was really good on Sunday too.  It was my last Sunday in the wards so I told the Bishops goodbye and both of them told me how wonderful it was to have me in their wards and that I truly changed it and made a difference and how grateful they were for me to have served here so that was kind of nice. 
Regarding ball...I couldn't take it any longer. It’s been 5 months since the last time I played so I just strapped on the brace last week and played. The first 3 games I was unconscious and then I started to get tired. I had no drive because my leg is a joke and I can't move but I could still shoot alright until I got tired since I’m so outta shape. But the men’s SLCC basketball team just finished their season and one of the guys brought one of his nonmember teammates to church yesterday and we have a Temple Square lesson this week with them. I invited them to come play ball and they said they would if they could so we will see if they show up.  I had no pain last week playing but I just couldn't move very fast ha. It was a blast being able to finally play again.  We had a non member there that hasn't really come since I have been out so we caught up and he is doing good.  I am hoping they will just come and play ball at the same building that I will be at for the next few months! :)
Conference is this week and we are still trying to hunt down tickets for the people we are teaching. I am probably going to have to give up mine so that some of them can go but that's A-okay with me! :)
One new convert has been struggling lately but we took her on a Temple Square lesson this week and I talked to the AP's there and convinced them to take the lesson with us because they are super good so we had the lesson and it was probably one of the best lessons I have had on Temple Square and she left feeling the desire to give everything a try again.  She said that she felt the Spirit and that she knew that if she wanted to continue being happy then she needed to keep the commandments so it was good! It's been fun to watch how the Spirit can change someone so much in just an hour. I have seen it several times over the course of my mission and it just goes to show you how important it is to bring the Spirit with you so that they can feel it but then equally important that you help them recognize it because if they feel it and don't recognize it then they aren't helped at all. 
Well that is pretty much the update here. Hope everything is going good there! Thanks for all the help and support! I re-learned the importance of Helaman 5:12 this past week.




Hemaman5:12--

 12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the arock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your bfoundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty cstorm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.



If Christ is our rock then no matter what happens everything will turn out fine! ;)

Siempre Crean,
Elder Creer




No comments:

Post a Comment