A glimpse into the life of a Mormon missionary (Elder Creer) as he serves a two year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He began serving in the Utah Salt Lake City Mission- Spanish speaking. On July 1, 2012, he was transferred to a new mission- the Utah Salt Lake City West Mission.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Seeing some miracles and eating lots of tacos too...



Hola Famila!
Conference was good this weekend!! I am going to go to BYU. I feel right about it. I feel good about it so I'll just go there.Whatever the Lord wants I am going to be good with.
All in all it was a good weekend. WE got to sit front row in the Sunday Am session so that was super cool! We got to meet Russell M Nelson, Elaine S Dalton, Elder Nash, Elder Evans, Elder Falabella, Sister Wixon and a few more and last but not least Elder Calrke. He saw me and tried to slap me in the face nicely but I dodged it haha. He asked how things were and we talked for a min and then he left. It was super cool and we had several tickets so we took a few people with us and they both thought it was cool. One of the general authorities told the young manwe took that he needed to get his mission papers in so that was good for him to hear. It was super cool to sit so close. 
Also I will have a new address! I am getting transferred tomorrow!  I am going to be a District Leader with a kid named Elder Biggs. He is from Virginia and he plays ruby. He came out when he was 18 and just turned 19 a few weeks ago. This will be his 2nd transfer so I will finish training him. We are going to white wash the area which just means that both of the elders that are serving there are going to get transferred out and we are going to come in. It is a Spanish ward so I will get the chance to see how much Spanish I remember and I better learn it fast again because I am supposed to be helping Elder Biggs learn it haha. I will be living with the Zone Leaders that I have become pretty good friends with. Elder Moore and Elder Lewis. The area that I am going to isn't doing so great so I am looking forward to seeing the Lord work his magic and seeing some miracles and eating lots of tacos too haha :). I am stoked for transfers!! 
Ball is going alright. I shot really well for the first 3 games last week and then my leg is weak and I am way out of shape so I am pretty much a scrub after that. My leg hurts until like Friday each time I play but then it doesn't hurt anymore so it is good for the next Monday. Some of the SLCC basketball boys might be coming to play today so it's going to be cool to see how good they actually are. 
 Lots of the YSA have expressed how grateful they have been for me serving here and about how my testimony and example has made a lasting impact on their lives for the better so that was kind of cool to hear just because I didn't realized I had that big of an impact. One of them even said that I needed to thank my parents for raising me in the church so that I could go on a mission so that I could come and change their life..So thanks haha. Well gotta go.. Haven’t started packing yet, but ball is in an hour :) 
 Love ya-


Siempre Crean,



Elder Brennen Creer
4146 South Park Green Dr. #12c
West Valley City, UT 84120


No comments:

Post a Comment