A glimpse into the life of a Mormon missionary (Elder Creer) as he serves a two year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He began serving in the Utah Salt Lake City Mission- Spanish speaking. On July 1, 2012, he was transferred to a new mission- the Utah Salt Lake City West Mission.

Monday, April 22, 2013

She made me eat 48 (sushi) rolls...



Hola Famila!
Things here are going pretty good! As you know we got our own laptops individually and we leave them at the church and stuff but this is where the church is moving with the work for sure. I have been on the phone several times with the people from the church talking about what is working and just other stuff :)...So pretty much what we can do is we can teach anyone on facebook whether they are people from back home, recent converts, people from other areas (old mission included). We also take chats form people that go to mormon.org so if we don't have any appointments in the day then we head to the church and do missionary work online. It has been working pretty well. 
I have been trying to find all of my recent converts on there too to see how they were doing.  I skyped one of the converts from the first part of my mission this week. He has been going to seminary for the past year and still comes to church every single week. He is the only young man in the whole branch and there isn't a young men’s leader. But he is still going strong. So it has been fun working with people online..
Also President Swain gave me a call this week and he said that he just got off the phone with the church...the news...my district was the first one selected in the whole world to get Ipads for our area books! Pretty cool stuff huh! They also just picked another district in the Ogden mission so that they can see it in two different missions.  So on May 2nd we have a meeting all day with the people from the church so we can get our Ipads and see how everything is working! So that is pretty exciting news.
Things in our area are going pretty good.  This week we made it a goal to get the trust of the members. We took cookies to a bunch of them and one lady called right after and said that her Grandson kept asking her where she bought the cookies hahaha so she asked for the recipe. We just got a new Branch President and we took cookies to him too and found out that he played a lot of basketball when he was younger so we hit it off pretty good. All and all things are lookin like they are going to be pretty good. This is probably my last area and I am hoping to make it my best one! It really doesn't feel like I am almost done with my mission.

My companion is good too. He is super young (just turned 19) but he has a lot of faith and really wants to work hard so that has been nice.
We ate dinners with the English ward this past week and there was this  Korean lady named Sister Kahn and she fed us sushi...she made me eat 48 rolls!!!! I thought I was gonna die haha but it was super good!  This week we are eating with the Spanish ward so that should be fun and I love the food so I am excited for that! All in all things are going great right now. It is cool to see how when we really do everything we can to be obedient and diligent the Lord will bless our area and the people we are working with.
We had run into some struggles with some of the people we are teaching and I was wondering how we were going to help them and we weren't able to think of anything really. We went to the temple this morning and I had the thought to read Ether 12 when we were in the celestial room and it talked about how it was by the faith of the missionaries that the Lamanites hearts were changed that is my goal for this week is to redouble my faith and really just give it my all. 
There was a young girl who got up and bore her testimony this past week in our Spanish Branch because she just got her mission call. Through her tears she expressed how grateful she was to be able to have the opportunity to serve the Lord. Not once did she mention anything about the location of where she was serving but rather how much she loved and appreciated the Savior for what he did for us and because of that she was so happy to be able to show her gratitude to serve him. It was a good reminder to serve with no regrets especially as the time is going down. WE all need to be more grateful for the sacrifice of our savior and think about how we can better serve Him. We might not need to go and serve a full time mission but there is always something that we can do to show our love for our Savior. When we are in the service of our fellow beings we are only in the service of our God. Don't forget it!
Siempre Crean,
Elder Creer

No comments:

Post a Comment