A glimpse into the life of a Mormon missionary (Elder Creer) as he serves a two year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He began serving in the Utah Salt Lake City Mission- Spanish speaking. On July 1, 2012, he was transferred to a new mission- the Utah Salt Lake City West Mission.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Spanish Is Still Improving As Fast As A Turtle

Hola Famila!
This week was a very eventful one! To start things off I was just getting over a cold that went around the whole MTC and I was fine for a few days and then when we were studying Spanish one night I just got super dizzy and nauseous and a major headache and stomachache. It was the weirdest thing ever. It hurt really badly too which was no bueno. Elder Rockhill and Elder Shuster gave me a blessing and then I went to the doctor the next day. He didn't really do anything. He was so old that I think he had memory problems because he kept asking me the same simple questions like 5 times haha. So I’m pretty sure that the blessing and my faith is what healed me. Maybe they hired him so that the Elders would have more faith to be healed haha. The gym finally opened back up this week and I got a good 2 and 1/2 days of ball in when I hurt my hip again. Pretty much like the worst timing ever. Do you think that you can ask Trevor how I am supposed to fix it? It's been so long since it has hurt that I don't remember how. Thanks!
The Spanish is still improving as fast as a turtle. I can tell that I am improving but it is a struggle.
I had a cool experience teaching this week though. We were teaching about the Atonement and how we can be forgiven of the bad things we do and the bad feelings we get when we don't do what is right. There were several times where I knew the words I wanted to say in English but they weren’t coming and then the Spirit would put words into my mouth and then later in the lesson that exact things I wanted to say before that I didn't know how would come and I could say a lot of things and it went really smooth. It was great!
On Sunday they made some leadership changes in our zone. Elder Rockhill and Elder Black were called to be new shadow zone leaders.  Which means they are learning how to do the job of zone leaders so they can take over next week. I was called as District Leader! I was kinda surprised though because I am definitely not one of the best ones in Spanish. I set a goal though to be the best District Leader I can be by setting an example and being exactly obedient. It is a little frustrating sometimes because now some of the Elders are asking for help with Spanish and I usually can't answer their questions. But I can answer their questions about working out and food haha. I want to answer all of their questions because I want to help them to the best of my ability. There are some things that I just can't answer and that is when I can counsel them to take it to the Lord though prayer. I truly believe and know without a doubt that the Lord answers all of our prayers and that he loves us and wants us to be happy. He will help us if we have faith and we will receive blessings. I have already seen it in my mission with Spanish and although I don't know very much, everything I do know came from the help of the Lord. I love you all and love to hear from you! Hope all is going well there!

Con Amor,
Elder Creer






No comments:

Post a Comment