A glimpse into the life of a Mormon missionary (Elder Creer) as he serves a two year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He began serving in the Utah Salt Lake City Mission- Spanish speaking. On July 1, 2012, he was transferred to a new mission- the Utah Salt Lake City West Mission.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

I knew without a doubt that God was there...


Hola Famila!
So transfers were this Wednesday which involved a couple new changes.  I got to go over to the Hernandez’s house for dinner on Tuesday for my requested last time, haha.  We had the best tacos ever. So Wednesday came around and we drove to the transfer building. We got talked to a little from President Winn about the goals for 2012 and then we found out where we were going. I got shipped to Rose Park which is the farthest north in the mission. My new companion is Elder Lopez.   He has only been out for one transfer and I am supposed to help him with training still. I was a little surprised that I was chosen to help train him because that is pretty important but maybe since I trust in the Lord, He is going to trust in me now too…
 The first night in my new area was kind of no bueno. All I could think about was my last area and the people and I wanted to go back. I think it's kind of funny now because sometimes missionaries feel homesick and want to go home and I felt area sick and wanted to go back. Guess that means I am loving the people! So after the first night things got a little better.
Thursday and Friday we did work. We put people on date to be baptized and added a lot of new investigators and had a really sweet miracle!
We were going to have a lesson with this guy on Thursday but he canceled and then we planned it for Friday. So the lesson came around on Friday and we brought a member with us which ended up being perfect. The guy we were teaching went on to tell us that he was having a hard time in his life right now. We had planned a lesson but the Spirit said “no” to that and the member shared his testimony of God's love. He shared a personal experience of a tragedy in his life.  He talked about how he was really lonely and that is when he found and felt God's love in his life. He said that even after that horrible experience he knew without a doubt that God loved him and whenever he felt lonely he knew he could talk to God. So right after that I shared with him my experience when I was diagnosed with a tumor and how I felt with that and even though it was a really hard experience not knowing if I was going to die or not, I knew without a doubt that God was there and He was always ready to talk to me. We promised him that God loved him too and knew exactly what he was going through and knew exactly how he felt. We testified of the Atonement and how Christ literally felt every ounce of pain that he was feeling. We promised that he wasn't alone and God was ready to help him. The Spirit was suuuuuuper strong and we asked him to be baptized and he said yes and guess what?   He was baptized yesterday!! Pretty crazy huh!
I think that this was definitely a miracle and just added to my testimony that God is really there and he really loves us. Hope you all are looking for God's love everyday in your lives, we can always recognize His hand in our lives. God loves you, and I love you too!
Siempre Crean,
Elder Creer

No comments:

Post a Comment