A glimpse into the life of a Mormon missionary (Elder Creer) as he serves a two year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He began serving in the Utah Salt Lake City Mission- Spanish speaking. On July 1, 2012, he was transferred to a new mission- the Utah Salt Lake City West Mission.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I am loving every bit of my mission...


Hola Famila!
Goood to hear that UNC beat Duke! That is how it is always supposed to be! Things are going pretty good here. I kind of hurt my arm a little bit playing dodge ball so I can't really work out right now or shoot very well. Things are going good here in Rose Park. Transfers are in a week and a half...and I think that I will be leaving but we will see. I already had two investigators tell me that if I left, they would call Prez Winn haha so we will see what happens. We had two marriages this week. The first one is the one that I made the cake for. You sent me that recipe but I didn't really follow it haha I did my own thang. Annd they said it was the best cake they ever had in their life and they asked me to come over and show them how to make it so I guess it turned out great! 
The next wedding we had was for this couple that has 3 baptized kids and one older one that isn't baptized but I will be working on him. It was really cool because the couple that got married second both got baptized right afterwards and the little girl who is 9 in her closing prayer said that she was grateful that her family could be united and brought together and she also asked to help her parents remember that they said "I do" haha I thought that was kind of funny. 
Anyways we had a couple sweet miracles this week. The first one was with a kid who is 10 years old and his older brother just got baptized a few weeks ago. When we were teaching the family this boy was never super interested. Then one day for some reason he just came to church and said he liked it so the next day we decided to stop by his house and just talk to him. When we had the lesson he told us he wanted to be baptized so we asked him to ask God if March 31st was the day that God wanted him to get baptized. So in his prayer he asked God if he should get baptized on March 31st and right when he was done he just started smiling and I asked him if he knew why he was smiling and he said “Yeah”, so I said “Why?” and he said “Because I’m getting baptized!” So that was pretty sweet. He came to church this week too so he is super solid!
The other miracle that we had this week was with a guy who is the husband of the couple that got married and baptized this weekend. His wife has been on date to be baptized for a couple weeks now but he wasn't able to come to church so he couldn't be baptized. However, two weeks ago he lost his job and we found that out on Wednesday. So we had a lesson with the family and invited him to be baptized and he said “yes”, then we asked him to pray for his date and he didn't get his answer that night. So we invited him to pray that night and ask again-  then we would come and follow up the next day. So the next day we saw him and he said that God wanted him to get baptized on Sunday with his wife. So that's what happened!
It was a testimony booster to see these two miracles this week. I definitely know that the Lord is on our side and that He will do whatever it takes to bring His families back to him.
Things are going great here and I am loving every bit of my mission. I know that as I continue to see families be baptized and then sealed in the temple that their lives will be blessed more than they can even imagine right now.
Well all is good here. Conference is coming up in a few weeks..Are you guys coming?
Love ya!
Siempre Crean,
Elder Creer


No comments:

Post a Comment