A glimpse into the life of a Mormon missionary (Elder Creer) as he serves a two year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He began serving in the Utah Salt Lake City Mission- Spanish speaking. On July 1, 2012, he was transferred to a new mission- the Utah Salt Lake City West Mission.

Friday, April 20, 2012

She runs to the door and stands in front of it...


Hola Familia!
So pretty much things are going really well right now for us. We had another baptism this weekend for a 12 year old girl. Her whole family ended up coming which wasn't expected and now they want to learn a bit more about the gospel; it was sweet.
We have some more baptisms coming up in this area and my Ward Mission Leader said that he has had 16 since I was transferred here. So that made me feel like I was doing the best I could and that God was satisfied with me.
So this week we received a referral from the mom of David Archeletta. So we contacted the family and now all of the kids are preparing to get baptized so that is sweet. Also there is this family that we have been teaching that was baptized like 3 weeks ago. They are living with these friends that are going to get baptized soon as well. They have this little girl who seems to really like me and every time we have a closing prayer she runs to the door and stands in front of it. Her mom tried to move her this week from the door and she punched her in the face, hahaha she is only two! It was kinda funny.
Also we became VIP members at the best Mexican restaurant in SLC, at least that is what all the people here say.   They say it is the most authentic food they have eaten since they have lived here.
My companion is gaining great faith and is progressing well.   During comp interviews this week he said that I was the best missionary he had ever seen, I thought, “huh it's good he is new…” haha. Anyway, I don't have much more time but things are going well here in Rose Park.
I feel bad for not writing anyone back, I’ll try to get to a few letters today but we will see haha ;)
Well that is pretty much all that is going on here, Love YA!
Siempre Crean,
Elder Creer

No comments:

Post a Comment