A glimpse into the life of a Mormon missionary (Elder Creer) as he serves a two year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He began serving in the Utah Salt Lake City Mission- Spanish speaking. On July 1, 2012, he was transferred to a new mission- the Utah Salt Lake City West Mission.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

They would never set foot in a church before...


Hola Familia!
My new comp got here. His name is Elder Vital and he is from Ciudad Juarez Mexico.  We don't have too much in common...he likes metal music, I like reggae...he had a band, I played sports....he is a convert, I am not....he talks really really fast, I don't....he weighs a buck 140, I do not...hahaha but we are getting along great! He is a pretty good teacher already and a great addition. We had 3 baptisms this week. One was for the mom of two kids who were baptized earlier in the transfers. It was cool to see almost their whole family get baptized.
The other two baptisms we had this week were for a couple that was married a few weeks ago.  They also live with another couple who were baptized and married a little bit ago as well. Before us they wouldn't even let missionaries in the door. We love them. They would never set foot in a church before and now all 4 of them go every single week!
Transfers are in 2 days..I bet you all 1000 bucks that I am going to stay in Rose Park for another 6 weeks since I am training Elder Vital.
We also had Zone Conference this week and the biggest thing we talked about was this question..."What does Jesus Christ think of me?"..And I was thinking about that a lot and then yesterday after church the Bishop pulled me aside and told me that “The Lord has a lot of trust in me because of all the prepared people He has been sending” and that I needed to know that. So I think I got my answer to my question which helped out a lot. 
Well all is good here in Rose Park..
Siempre Cree,
Elder Creer 


No comments:

Post a Comment