A glimpse into the life of a Mormon missionary (Elder Creer) as he serves a two year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He began serving in the Utah Salt Lake City Mission- Spanish speaking. On July 1, 2012, he was transferred to a new mission- the Utah Salt Lake City West Mission.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Making paper airplanes out of crossword puzzles...



Hola Familia!
So things here are picking up a little bit regarding the work. We are working with a new girl right now.   She isn't a member of the church but has been going to church for the last few weeks now in one of the Family wards.  The first lesson she brought us chocolate chip cookies haha. She is super outgoing and this past Sunday in the Singles Ward -which was her first time there- she just started introducing herself to everyone and her and our recent convert hit it off and exchanged numbers and afterward she said, "I already got a friend!" And I said "psh, congrats...She and I were already friends so beat ya to it" and she said "okay it's on" haha And then she just went and started talking to everyone and inviting them to the Temple Square lesson we have with her this Saturday so I think she is going to fit in just great.  When she was introducing herself to everyone they kept asking if she was a member and she just kept saying "not yet", which is good because she knows she is going to get baptized sometime. Her family is all Catholic.  I called up a previous investigator who Elder McNees and I taught and she got baptized.  She had the same situation and so her and her other friend who was in our YSA wards -when we  used to cover them all -are going to come with us to the lesson at Temple Square this weekend to bear testimony about doing the right thing even if it might seem like we are alone.  I was thinking about watching the Mormon message DVD "Dare to Stand Alone" about when President Thomas S. Monson was in the Navy.
We have a lot of other people that we are working with right now too so that is a big blessing. 
So I have surgery tomorrow.  I still don't know what time it is going to be at. They said that they were going to call me here within the next couple hours to let me know what is happening.  But I am going to be going down to Park City for the surgery.  Then from Tuesday until I will recover I will be staying with one of the Senior Couples named the Andersons. I have been taking a YSA member's little brother with me on splits and stuff like Williams used to do and we have a lot in common so it's pretty fun. He's only 17 and turns 18 in the summer so he's getting ready for a mission.  He is going to keep me company sometimes since he is in the Anderson's home ward so I don't get bored making paper airplanes out of crossword puzzles that I won't even try to start doing for fear of boredom haha.  He's super strong in the church and is on the seminary council and everything. It should be a fun time!  I don't know if I am going to be able to call you or what so I guess we will wait and see. 

Well that is pretty much the update here! Hope all is going well there and I sent another package of missionary stuff to Bry and then realized I forgot some stuff so I will send another today too. Love ya!

Siempre Cree,
Elder Creer

No comments:

Post a Comment