A glimpse into the life of a Mormon missionary (Elder Creer) as he serves a two year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He began serving in the Utah Salt Lake City Mission- Spanish speaking. On July 1, 2012, he was transferred to a new mission- the Utah Salt Lake City West Mission.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Do your best and let what happens happen...

Hola Familia! So we had interviews with President Swain this week. He is legit. He is a humble spirit giant! So in the interviews he told me that he forwarded the email I sent to him last week to a General Authority and they talked about it and liked it. It was about my thoughts about how the mission is going to move forward and some ideas that I thought would help us be successful. Apparently they (the ideas) came from the Spirit because they loved it haha. It is kind of weird having them looking at my numbers though, I try not to think about it and just do my best. Kind of like you can't worry about everyone in the crowd during a basketball game, you just gotta play and do your best and let what happens happen. So that is my plan for now. Soo....superman returns...lol...Idk what the heck is the deal but I wrecked again...we were just coming down a small hill. It wasn't even that big at all but when I was turning my tire slid on the road got caught on a crack in the road and I went flying off my bike and landed in a push up position somehow haha. So I just did the pushup and stood up. My companion was just shaking his head haha. I don’t know why I keep crashing but I am trying not to and it shouldn't be a problem this week because both of our bikes our broken so we are walking haha. So we have a family of 4 that is going to get baptized next Saturday. They are super solid. They are the ones that we took to Temple Square and had the crazy spiritual experience after the family videos. The mom is super funny and doesn't speak much English but always copies what her kids say and she has a super strong accent so it is super funny haha. The kids are pretty shy but they are starting to be a little more outgoing and laugh a little more. The dad is super quiet and we are still trying to break his shell haha. They are a great family and super prepared to receive the gospel so it has been a great blessing to be a part of their conversion. I will let ya know how their baptism goes next week. Well I hope all is going well and that your trip to Utah was fun! Jessie make sure you keep practicing! Love ya! Siempre Crean, Elder Creer

No comments:

Post a Comment