A glimpse into the life of a Mormon missionary (Elder Creer) as he serves a two year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He began serving in the Utah Salt Lake City Mission- Spanish speaking. On July 1, 2012, he was transferred to a new mission- the Utah Salt Lake City West Mission.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

It is the 4th quarter and we are down 20 and we have the ball...love it!

Hola Familia! I hope everything is going super great.... Well I am going to start out with this...I need new shirts...and superman ain’t got nothin’ on me! So here's the scoop. I have ruined 1 shirt and 1 pair of pants and shoes in the last week...because of a bike crash..so here is what happened... We have this big hill in our area and one night we were at the top of the hill and we decided to race down. So we started down the hill and I was riding on the purple rocket...my teenage girls bike that is purple.. :) So we were going down the hill and my pedal had already broken earlier during the day so I was riding with one pedal..But I am way too competitive so I had to win. Anyways to make a short story long- I was dominating and then about half way down the hill my chain broke off and got caught on the pedal, at the same time my seat broke off and I was flung from my bike (probably looked way cooler than superman) and I slid on the street going like 25 miles an hour..and no that is not an exaggeration because there are the speed thingys for the cops and so I slid first on my bike then rolled to my side and then popped up on my feet, it was nuts...when I popped up I looked and my bike was flipping in the street and finally stopped on the other side of where I was originally...The funniest part was that there was this lady who was backing up and I turned and looked and saw her and her mouth was open...astonished! haha And she just looked at me with her mouth open and then just asked if I was okay in a super worried voice and I smiled gave a thumbs up and just said "of course" haha. Then she just sat there with her mouth open and I was trying not to laugh at her because it looked like she saw a ghost haha. So I will send you some pics right now of my injuries of my huge bike crash. AS you can see...my little scratch on my arm and bloody knuckles was it, and a cut on my ankle. Not bad for a crazy crash at 25 mph. I’ll bet Superman woulda got hurt haha :)..So that's why I need some new shirts and yeah haha I already bought some new shoes at Ross. They didn't have any shirts or I would have bought some too. I think it was a crazy miracle that I wasn't even hurt. I was cruising! Haha. Even the kid on The Incredibles would have been impressed! Moral of the story: my bike sucks...and the Lord will protect us if we are doing what's right! So our area is kind of struggling right now...there hasn't been a baptism in this area for a very long time. But that is what has happened in the only two other areas I have been in so why expect something different right! I love it though because it is like every area -it is the 4th quarter and we are down 20 and we have the ball...love it! So this past week we had a good week and we are continuing to see miracles like crazy. We put a 17 year old girl and her mom on date this week and then the whole rest of their family came to church. We also found 2 other families that will be solid by the end of this week...the best part is we are teaching this other family now and they have a 4 year old daughter who fell in love with me...she punches my comp when we get there and gives me a hug haha :)...She always sits next to me in the lessons and everyday I ask her what color of tie she wants me to wear and then I wear it the next day. I need to find a purple tie because I don't have one and it was requested haha...Anyway- so the area should be booming here in little bit. So the mission officially began yesterday.. Elder Rasmussen is serving with Elder Blakey so I called them and talked to them from 9:30 to 10:30. It was kind of sad to say goodbye but we are going to try and stay in contact. Also Sister and Prez Winn came by to say goodbye and we had a lion piñata ready for them (an investigator makes them). We didn't have any candy to fill it since we are poor and so we filled it with popcorn and oatmeal cream pies and then other random stuff in the house. When they walked in the door we had the lion right in the doorway with a bat and then in the background we had the Mo-Tab Lion King Circle of Life song on because it was only fitting haha. So they broke open the piñata and then I gave Sister Winn the cookies I made her but as soon as I brought the cookies out, Prez said “Oh perfect! Elder Creer cookies!” And he took the plate and started eating them, haha. We got to hear what he tells the missionaries that are leaving in the interviews because Elder Homer is going to be gone soon and he talked a lot about the importance of reading scriptures and praying and going to the temple, so what Conner said in his farewell talk was right of course. And he was talking about how to find our wives and not to delay getting married when we get home. It should be our first priority. I am glad I am only a year out because I don't want to think about it at all, I am still a kid, haha and the "Madagascars" are my favorite movies! :) (By the way- have you seen the third one and if so is it any good?) So we still don't know a whole bunch about the new mission. Tomorrow we have a meeting with the other 4 zone leaders and the assistants and Prez Swain to make all of the mission rules and basically create the mission. The meeting is pretty much going to be all day so I am kind of excited about that! It is crazy though because our mission is going to be the first mission in the whole world to start the church's new plan and eventually every other mission in the world will be doing it like we will, I don’t know exactly how we will be doing things since we haven’t had the meeting yet but it sounds intense! Well I will let you know more about everything next week but keep trusting in the Lord and look for His tender mercies! LOVE YA! Siempre crean, Elder Creer

No comments:

Post a Comment