A glimpse into the life of a Mormon missionary (Elder Creer) as he serves a two year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He began serving in the Utah Salt Lake City Mission- Spanish speaking. On July 1, 2012, he was transferred to a new mission- the Utah Salt Lake City West Mission.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

I know that it is because God knows more than me...

Hola Familia!

This week went pretty good. Our new mission President is legit! I think I will be able to learn a lot from him. This is his second mission so he just came in last Sunday rolling. In our meeting we had with him he looked very confident with what he was planning on doing but at the same time he was relaxed and very easy to get along with. It was kind of crazy to be on a council to discuss making a new mission. We have a lot of different rules and the way we are going to be doing things is completely different. We are one of 2 missions out of the 347 that are going to start the new church's program that will eventually be in all the missions in the world. I am going a little crazy because there will be General Authorities looking at my numbers and President Swain said there are a lot of eyes on us....ahhhh haha. Right now we only have 76 missionaries but the number is going to double before the year is over so it is going to be very interesting and exciting to see what is going to happen with our mission. We also have new key indicators which are going to make the normal routine a bit different. We also lost Guapo so we will not be able to get couples married very easily anymore. Something else that is going to change is that he is focusing on how to be good leaders. He said that we need to help people become accountable not be held accountable because if they are held accountable their whole missions then they won't have that progression they would have had if they had learned to become accountable. When they become accountable that is something that will help them for the rest of their lives. There is a bunch of other stuff that will change but I just can't remember it all right now haha. We are going to have a zone conference this week and we will be learning a bit more so I will keep you informed on anything that learn.

This week was another tough one. We are trying to get more people to teach but it is really hard. The branch hasn't seen success for so long that their faith of the ability to have success has decreased. The branch has only had 2 baptisms in the last year. We are doing everything we can to get the members excited about doing some missionary work...I just want to get them all together and be like Ray Lewis and get them fired up, get them all yelling and shouting and saying "Arrrrriba" haha...But that is probably not the way the Lord wants his members fired up so we will go with plan B...
This is one of the toughest times of the mission so far. Our area is the hardest it has ever been for me...I haven't had a baptism in 4 weeks...and I am supposed to be a leader starting a new mission..life is hard..but that's to be expected right? That is how we can grow...so even though the mission is super hard and stressful right now I know that it is because God knows more than me and that I will learn and grow from the experiences I am having now. I’m still reading Alma 38:5 and putting my name in it and that helps every time. I’m also still singing A Child's Prayer just so I can feel God's love and know He is by my side.
So that is the update for the week.

Siempre Crean,
eLdEr CrEeR

No comments:

Post a Comment