A glimpse into the life of a Mormon missionary (Elder Creer) as he serves a two year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He began serving in the Utah Salt Lake City Mission- Spanish speaking. On July 1, 2012, he was transferred to a new mission- the Utah Salt Lake City West Mission.

Sunday, July 22, 2012

To help me see people as God sees them...

Hola Familia! So this was another tough week. I have been thinking a lot about us as members of the church and how we have responsibilities to really follow Jesus Christ. Do what He would do if He were here. I was studying charity this week to help me see people as God sees them. We were at zone conference and President Swain told us to think of a question that we had at this time. So I invite you to do that right now too. My question was, "How can I have more charity for people?" so then President Swain told us to flip open the Book of Mormon to a chapter and read it and we would find our answer to our questions. So I flipped it open to 2 Nephi 9 and read verse 39 and it says "to be spiritually minded is life eternal" This was my answer. To really be spiritually minded to see people for their positive qualities because that is how God would view them. And...if we smile more we will have more charity! S - spiritually M - minded I - is L - life E - eternal So I want to invite you to do the same thing right now. Think of a question that you have right now and then flip open the Book of Mormon and as you read the chapter with whatever question you have in your mind I promise that you will get your answer! God loves us and he wants to help us. As we pray and study the scriptures he can answer our prayers. "Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do." So that is the attitude that I am going to have moving forward because I know it is the only way that I can learn what I need to learn from these experiences! We had a crazy miracle last night at Temple Square. So last week we had put a mother and daughter on date (for baptism). The dad was still Catholic and the son didn't want to upset the dad. So the dad and the son actually didn't come to church yesterday but we took the whole family to Temple Square last night. We talked about the priesthood and how families can live together. They have these awesome family videos at the temple that bring the Spirit like crazy. We watched the videos and after them when the Spirit was it its strongest point we invited the dad and the son to be baptized and they both accepted and then we finished kneeling in the room and the dad offered a prayer from his heart and now they are completely solid! This will be the first family baptized in this branch in over 1 year so we are hoping this will spark the excitement for doing missionary work in the branch. I know that this was a miracle and I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to be able to witness it and be an instrument in the hands of the Lord. It is also interesting to see the progress we are making with bringing less actives back to church. Yesterday our zone got 40 less actives to come back to church which was really cool. Basically what I have been finding throughout my mission and especially recently is that you get what you want. If it is a righteous desire and we ask God for it, then we will get it. I saw a little video clip on mormon.org that had the message of why not you? Someone else is going to do it if you don't, so if you want it, why not you? Right now in our lives where are our desires and priorities? Are we pursuing things that are worthwhile that will help us progress spiritually? If we want something we need to go for it. Right now the Lord has asked me to feed His sheep. Non members and less actives. If that is something I really want, I am going to get it. So I am trying to pump up our zone to get them excited and ready for this new mission, so here is my scripture chain. Get yo popcorn ready. 1. D & C 136:1 - The Word and Will of the Lord concerning the Camp of Israel in their journeyings to the West: 2. D&C 45:64 - Wherefore I, the Lord, have said, gather ye out from the eastern lands, assemble ye yourselves together ye elders of my church; go ye forth into the western countries, call upon the inhabitants to repent, and inasmuch as they do repent, build up churches unto me. 3. Luke 12:54 - And he said also to the people, When ye see a cloud rise out of the west, straightway ye say, There cometh a shower; and so it is. 4. Deuteronomy 32:2 - My doctrine shall drop as the rain 5. 3 Nephi 11:26 - And then shall ye immerse them in the water, and come forth again out of the water. MAKE IT RAIN BABY!! What do ya think?? lol Anyways I hope all is going well with you! Love Ya! Siempre Cree, Elder Creer

No comments:

Post a Comment